[eq-dev] client quit too quickly + a bug

Christian Kehl Christian.Kehl at gmx.net
Thu Nov 26 12:18:22 CET 2009

I am working now with Equalizer since 3 weeks. I, of course, also build the eqPly-example both on my mainframe at home, running on Win7, and on my Laptop, running with Windows Vista. I was troubeling around with some specific problems concerning MGPUs in Win7, because my SinglePCB-DualGPU ATI card was not recognized by Equalizer as a DualGPU-card. This is because either a graphics adapter Update of Catalyst or an OS-Update switched the configuration from 2 independent devices to 1 device with different memory adresses. Havn't found a solution for that until now (that's why also running the single pipe config on my Multi-GPU card). But, apart from that, the eqPly was running fine with both Vista and Seven for me. If you, Wang, could write your configuration of the machines (Hardware+Drivers+installed libraries), then I can compare it with my settings and perhaps I find the cause of your troubles.

Greets,

Christian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------