[eq-dev] Avoiding eq::Client?

Stefan Eilemann eilemann at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 16:25:53 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Martin
Lambers<lambers at fb12.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> No, not the segfault, but eqHello does not always exits cleanly when
> pressing Escape. It sometimes just hangs forever.

Yes, I've seen this one as well. The reply that the server has shut
down never reaches the app, which waits forever on it. I guess
SO_LINGER will help, but I didn't want to change it before the 0.9
release.

>> Can you send a stack trace and relevant debug log output of the
>> segmentation fault?
>
> Backtrace:
[snip]

Mhh, that doesn't help much. It looks like a release build - can you
send me a debug backtrace, or a simple reproducer?

There is not terribly much happening in Window::_cmdDestroyChannel,
and from the debug output it seems that the crash happens in
NodeFactory::releaseChannel, which looks like an issue in the
destruction of EqChannel.

Cheers,

Stefan.